Purchased a new HP Printer and do not know the right method to set up and install it? Worry not as this installation guide has got you covered and will walk you through the complete guidelines necessary to get started with using the newly purchased HP Printer. In this tutorial, we have covered the necessary setup guideline for the beginners. However, if you visit 123.hp.com/setup the setup process will be quite simple via the ‘HP Smart’ which offers quick setup functionality to the users.
The 123 hp setup portal can also be used to install HP drivers on an Android or iPhone. As soon as you click on the ‘HP Smart’ button on this portal, you will be redirected to the installation screen either through the Play Store or the Apple app store. After that, you just need to click on the ‘Install’ button and the rest will be done automatically. The manual procedure for HP Printer Setup is described below.
Pre-requisites for 123 HP Printer Setup
There are a few things that you need to keep ready before you begin the procedure to set up your HP Pinter via 123.hp.com/setup:
- Unpack your printer and install the necessary cords and cartridges in it.
- The second thing that you need to ensure if your printer is turned on or not.
- In case of hp wireless printer setup, make sure the printer and pc are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Check the firewall settings or disable it temporarily.
Models covered under the following setup
On the following models of HP Printer, you may perform the installation guidelines listed in the section that follows this one. Have a look at them and find out if your model is listed here or not.
- HP DeskJet 2600 Printers
- HP laserjet printer
- HP OfficeJet Pro 6978
- HP OfficeJet Pro 3830
- HP OfficeJet 5255 printer
- HP ENVY 5020 Printers
- HP Tango series
123 HP Printer Setup for Windows
The setup and installation guidelines for HP Printer on a Windows operating system are listed below. Hopefully, you will find these instructions useful.
- To begin the 123 HP Printer Setup, turn on your printer.
- Now, you need to connect it with your device using the USB cable.
- In case of a wireless printer, connect it to the Wi-Fi router.
- From your device, go to the hp.com/setup webpage.
- Enter/select the model of your HP Printer.
- Then, download the compatible drivers for your printer.
- To install the printer setup, go to the location where you have saved the printer drivers.
- Double-click on the name of your printer driver.
- Follow some easy prompts to complete the installation.
- Once it gets installed, follow the steps in the next section to add it to your PC.
To add your printer to PC
- From the ‘Control Panel’ of your device, go to the ‘Device and Printer’ section.
- Here, you need to click on the option reading as ‘Add Printer’.
- On the next tab that opens, select your printer and then click ‘Next’.
- Wait for the connection to establish between the two.
- Else, go to 123.hp.com setup and use ‘HP Smart’ to setup and install your printer.
123 HP Printer Setup for Mac
The stepwise guidelines are given below for HP Printer setup on Mac operating system. Ensure that you follow each step correctly to avoid any hurdles. Apart from this, you may also use the AirPrint functionality specifically available for Mac users.
- Firstly, you need to turn on your HP Printer.
- After that, either you need to connect it to the wireless router or with the USB cable.
- Then, visit the website https://123.hp.com/setup.
- Choose the correct option for downloading the driver.
- When the driver gets downloaded, open the ‘Downloads’ folder.
- Here, you need to open ‘HP Easy Start’ or the .dmg file.
- This will begin the installation.
- Then, follow the prompts to set up and install the software.
- Click on the ‘Add Printer’ option when prompted by the installer.
- This will create a print queue on your Mac.
- Else, go to “System and Preference” > “Printer and Scanners”.
- Click on the “+” sign present against your printer model.
This is how you can set up and install HP Printer drivers on your Windows and Mac operating system via 123.hp.com. In case of any hurdle, eligible HP customers are entitled to get support from the official HP Printer Support team.