HP printer is one of the most preferred choices among the masses. But, even the best of the models from HP printers can experience a little trouble due to corrupted or outdated drivers. You must have noticed that when you want to print an important document, suddenly a message appears on the screen stating ‘HP printer out of paper.’There could be so several reasons behind this problem. Let’s find out what you can do when you encounter this issue.
Solutions for ‘HP Printer out of paper’ error:
- Reset the printer
- Check the paper quality and reload it
- Clean the paper pick rollers
- Check your Printer’s rear panel cover
- Change the Photo Paper Settings:
- Clear the print cache
- Update the printer’s driver:
- Check your printer’s compatibility
Troubleshooting steps in detail – ‘HP Printer out of paper’ error:
Reset the printer
If you see this message HP printer out of paper, reset the printer by using the following steps:
- Without turning off the printer, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cable from the wall outlet.
- Be patient and wait for at least 30-60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cable to the printer.
- Press the ‘Power’ button to switch on the printer.
Check the paper quality and reload it
To fix the ‘HP printer out of paper’ problem, you need to check the paper condition:
- Remove the paper rack from the tray.
- Replace any torn, dusty, wrinkled, or bent paper.
- Make sure that there are not more than 25 sheets of paper (same size and type).
- Insert the stack into the paper tray.
- Try printing again.
Clean the paper pick rollers
Dust, paper fiber, and debris can accumulate in the paper feed rollers and cause ‘HP printer out of paper’error. Here’s what you can do about it:
- Turn off the printer.
- Remove the power cable.
- Access the paper pick rollers and get a lint-free cloth and bottled water to clean them.
- Gently wipe the rollers and leave them for half an hour to dry out.
- Reconnect the power cable and turn on the printer.
Check your Printer’s Rear Panel Cover
Check the panel at the back of the printer to see if it is in place or not. If a paper is jammed in the rear panel, then it might lead to the problem indicating‘HP printer out of paper.’Remove any crumpled paper stuck in the panel and put the panel back on the printer.
Change the Photo Paper Settings:
- Open the document that you were trying to print when the error ‘HP printer run out of paper’ occurred.
- Follow the thread: File > Print >Properties.
- Click the ‘Features/Paper Quality’ option to select the appropriate paper size and type.
- Hit ‘OK’ and wait for the document to get printed.
Clear the print cache
Erasing the print cache might do the trick!Go to ‘File explorer’ and delete the folders and subfolders to rectify the ‘HP printer out of paper’ issue.
The process to update the printer’s driver:
- Open Cortana, type ‘Device Manager’ in the search box.
- Select ‘Device Manager’ from the list of results.
- Click ‘Printers’ and right-click your printer model.
- Tap the ‘Update Driver Software’ option from the menu.
- After this, select the option -‘Search automatically for updated driver software.’
- Install the updated driver, if available.
Check your printer’s compatibility
Sometimes the old printers are not compatible with the latest operating system. For example, if you have recently upgraded to Windows 10, then you might face this HP Printer out of paper’ error. It is because the printer becomes incompatible with the new platform.
‘HP Printer out of paper’ error is a temporary problem that you can easily get rid of. If none of the potential solutions stated above work, you can seek assistance from the HP Printer Support team. But keep a note that if the issue persists, it is always recommended to schedule a product repair or replacement.