If you are coming across a scenario where ‘hp printer not responding to print command’ then here are some workarounds that you can try to resolve the problem at the earliest. However, there could be a number of reasons why you are facing this situation but the main reason behind this is improper connectivity between the printer and the computer. But, it could also happen because of several other reasons. Hence, we shall try resolving the issue by implying different methods as discussed below which are applicable on hp Officejet pro 8600 printer, hp 7520 printer, hp printer 8715 printer, and other hp printers.
Fix printer not responding error in Windows 10
Solution 1- Check the firewall
If there is an active firewall present in your system, it might be blocking the printer to receive the print commands. To resolve this problem, you should try disabling the antivirus or firewall for some time and see if the issue resolves. You can enable the firewall once you finish completing your task.
Solution 2- Check all the connections of the printer
This is the most obvious resolution that you can try when you have such sort of problem. Make sure that the printer and the device from which you have connected it are all plugged in properly. In case you have used a USB port to connect your printer, you can try switching to another USB port for this purpose. In case of a Wi-Fi connection, ensure that the printer is connected to the correct Wi-Fi network.
Solution 3- Run the Printer Troubleshooter
- First, you need to press the ‘Windows Key + I’.
- This will open the Settings app on your device.
- From the menu of the Settings app, go to the ‘Update & Security’ section.
- Now, you have to choose ‘Troubleshoot’ from the menu.
- After this, select the ‘Printer’ present in the right pane.
- Further, you need to click the ‘Run the troubleshooter’ button.
After following some on-screen instructions you will be able to run the troubleshooter and hopefully resolve the problem.
Solution 4- Update the HP Printer driver
Due to the presence of outdated printer drivers on your device, you might be seeing the ‘hp printer not responding’ error. But, hopefully, this error can be resolved by simply installing the latest printer drivers on your device from the manufacturer’s website i.e. HP.
Fix printer not responding error in Mac
Solution 1- ensure that the printer is ready
- Look at the printer and see if it is in sleep mode.
- If yes, then oppress the Power button to wake it.
- Now, check if there are enough papers in the input tray.
- Next, ensure that the correct ink or toner cartridges installed in it or not.
- Also, check there are no errors on the control panel of the printer.
- If you see any error, restart the printer and wait for a few minutes.
Solution 2- Reset the printing system
It clears all the print jobs and printing preferences
- First of all, click on the Apple menu.
- After this, click on ‘System Preferences’.
- Next, click Print & Fax/Print & Scan/Printers & Scanners.
- Now, right-click anywhere inside the Printers window.
- Further, click on the ‘Reset printing system’.
- In the next step, click ‘Reset’ again to confirm your action.
- Now, you have to enter the Mac Administrator name and password and click ‘OK’.
Solution 3- Troubleshoot the printer connection
Troubleshooting the connection issues be it in USB connected printers or wirelessly connected printers might help you in getting rid of the error.
In case you are unable to resolve the issue by following these workarounds, you may need to seek assistance from the HP Printer Support team to resolve the issue.