We all know the HP range of laserjet printers offers the all-in-one solution that will enable the user for scanning, print, and faxing of the documents. Remember, when your HP printer is ready to print or for the fax jobs then the printing jobs stay in the machine’s memory until it is performed. If the printing job is stuck you see the “hp printer memory low” error on the screen. You can dial the HP Technical support number or you can erase the memory via printer’s control panel on the Windows menu. The HP printer accepts the printing jobs from different programs that include the spreadsheet, word processing along with database apps. The HP printer contains the memory chip so if you are not printing then you can easily deal with “hp printer memory is low” error and make it in the working state again.
How to fix the “hp printer memory low” error?
Before we discuss the procedure to fix the hp printer memory is a low error, we need to understand the symptoms and the root cause behind this error to occur. Talking about the symptoms this error message is visible saying “Not enough printer memory available to print page” when you print the document. You just have to free up some space and the root cause behind this error is the Printer job memory is full and the memory setting on the printer driver is very low. This error may interrupt the printing job to complete.
Solutions to fix “hp fax machine memory too low” error
In this section, you will get the different solutions to fix the “hp printer memory low” error.
Solution 1: Just change the printer driver’s memory settings.
- Tap on the “Start” button and go to the “Settings” option followed by the “Printers.
- The next step is to right-tap on the “Printer” icon and tap on the “Properties.
- Just tap on the “Device Options” section.
- Go to the “Printer Memory” list and tap on the correct setting option and tap on the “OK” button.
Solution 2: You have to clear the memory via the Control panel.
- Just tap on the “Cancel” or “Reset” option till the printer says “Ready”.
- Switch off the HP Printer to clear the memory.
- After this, turn on your printer and then you will see the “Ready” message once the printer starts.
Solution 3: Clear of delete printing job present in Print queue.
- Tap on the “Start” button and then type the “Printer” in the search field.
- After this, tap on the “Devices and Printers” option.
- Just double-tap on the HP printer icon to open the print queue.
- Tap on each job that you wish to erase from the printing queue.
- After this, tap on the “Delete” button.
Solution 4: Click on the option to clear Fax from the memory slot
- Tap on the “Enter/Menu” option available on the HP control panel.
- After this, tap on the Right arrow to see the Fax functions and then tap on “Enter/Menu” again.
- Now, just tap on the arrow button to highlight the “Clear stored faxes” and then tap on the “Enter/Menu” option.
Once you have followed the steps under different solutions to fix the hp printer memory low error, then you will find that the blinking light on the control panel. This will indicate that the computer is sending the data to the printer. However, if the Printer is still stuck with the error then you can visit the HP Support webpage or you can download the HP Scan Doctor driver to scan and fix the error.
Frequently answered questions
What does it mean when the printer says insufficient memory?
This error means that you have less than 520K of free space in RAM available to rut e “Field adjustment software. If you are using a PC that is running with Windows or with the Network program then you will not have enough memory which means you have insufficient memory to accept your printing task.
How do I clear my HP printer history?
To clear the HP Printer history in Windows, just search and open the “Devices and Printers” option. In the “Devices and Printers” window and search for the “HP Printer”. If you see the listed items then right- tap on it and select the “Delete” or “Remove Device” option, this will help you to clear the HP printer history so that you can perform the printing action.
Does my HP printer have a memory?
Yes the HP printer device utilizes the non-volatile memory for storing the system control data along with user preference settings. Remember, no customer print or copy data is stored in the memory slot in the HP printer. The HP printer or any other printer comes with the inbuilt memory storage on the printing device.