Is your printer not showing up on your device? Well, there are many like you who have come across this problem several times in their work-life and this could happen because of multiple reasons. Whatever be the reason is, if not fixed urgently, this issue could lead to several other problems in your workspace. Thus, in today’s article, we shall see how you can fix this problem quickly in order to get back to working again.
Fix for Windows 10 users
Method 1- look for the printer in Control Panel
The primary thing you need to do in this scenario is to look for the printer availability in the Control Panel of your device. Use the ‘Search’ bar of your device and then navigate to the ‘Devices and Printers’ section. In this section, you will be able to find your printer. If your network printer not showing up in devices and printers, then you should move to the next step.
Method 2- troubleshoot your printer
If the above-given method fails to help you, then you may use the Windows 10 troubleshooting tool to fix the issue with your printer.
- Go to the ‘Device and Printers’ section.
- Look for your printer in the ‘Printers’ list.
- Or, go to the ‘Unspecified’ section to find out your printer.
- Then, right-click on your printer model.
- Select ‘Troubleshoot’ from the menu.
- Complete some on-screen prompts.
Method 3- reinstall the printer driver
If the printer installed but not showing up, then you should re-install your printer. This method should be only applied if you do not see your printer in the ‘Devices and Printers’ list even after trying the above two methods. For this:
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu of your device.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ section of your device.
- Go to the ‘Devices’ section and then select ‘Printers & Scanners’.
- Here, you need to select the ‘Add a printer or scanner’ option.
- Wait until your device tries to detect the presence of your printer.
- Before that, you must turn on your printer and connect it with your PC.
Resolve printer issues on Mac
Method 1- re-add your printer
Adding the printer once again will create a new printer queue. To add your printer again:
- Choose ‘System Preferences’ from the ‘Apple’ menu.
- From there, select ‘Printers & Scanners’.
- Then, add your printer after following some prompts.
- This will create a new print queue.
- If you are still not able to print, then you must delete the old print queue.
Method 2- restart your printer
If the printer not showing up in the list of available printers, then surely it has been turned off or not connected properly. Thus, you must turn on your printer and ensure that it is properly connected.
Method 3- verify the connection
If you are using a wireless printer, then you should make sure that your printer and PC are connected to the same wireless network.
Fix Google cloud print printer not showing up
In case you are facing a problem with your Google cloud print printer, then you must update your printer’s firmware as well as the driver. This makes sure that it gets the latest updates and features from the manufacturing company. To see if there are any updates available for your printer, you must navigate to its official website, look for updates, and install them without any further ado.
What else you can do
If none of the above methods solved your issue, then there is a possibility that you are using a shared printer and the person who was sharing it to you has stopped sharing it. In this scenario, you can ask the other person to share the printer again. Else, you may seek HP Printer Support.