If your HP printer is connected to the commanding device via a wireless connection and you wish to change it to the USB, then this article will be helpful to you. The instructions and the guidelines that are discussed in this article will help you to switch from the WPS- capable router or the wireless settings to the USB connection. It is a very commonly discussed topic wherein if you are handling or working on an HP wireless printer that is directly connected to the computer then with the help of certain guidelines you can easily get to the USB connection. There is much more to discuss if you are planning to change hp printer from wireless to USB. Through this article, we will learn the basic essentials that you need to acknowledge for the process, so let’s get started!
Prerequisites to change hp printer from wireless to USB
There are certain important things you need to acknowledge which is to be taken care of before you proceed with the steps to change the network, here are the prerequisites:
- You need a functioning wireless network that will work well within a wireless router.
- The device should have an SSID of the wireless network.
- If you are handling a password that is linked with the wireless network, then you are required with a WPA password during the process.
- Make sure your internet connection is properly connected while you are checking the working network from your devices.
What are the different steps to change HP printer from wireless to USB connection?
In order to change hp printer from wireless to USB without interruptions you need to follow these basic steps in the order as elaborated below:
- First of all, you need to disconnect the HP printer from the computer.
- After this, open the “Control Panel” section from your PC.
- Tap on the “Printers and Faxes” option.
- After this, tap on the “wireless all-in-one printer” and click on the “Delete” button.
- Just connect the USB cable to your printer and computer ports and then to the HP printer.
- You have to install the “Brother AIO home center software” option.
- After this, you have to go to the “Start” option after which you have to tap on the “All Programs” and then go to the “Brother”.
- After this, tap on the “Brother Printer Network Setup Utility.” option.
- You have to select the USB model number of the HP printer and then tap on the “Next” button.
- The hp solution center driver will get installed once you have connected with the USB.
- You will now see the “Printer driver Installation complete” message on the screen.
- Now, tap on the “Done” option.
- In the end, you will notice that the USB-connected HP printer is joined to the “Printers and Faxes” notification.
- Tap on the “Done” button and the process will get completed.
By the end of this topic, we hope that this article has helped to change the hp printer from wireless to USB. However, if you are still unable to use the HP printer with USB, then it is suggested to use the hp scan doctor driver to scan and fix the issues in the process. You can also visit the official HP support website for Customer support assistance.