HP Printers may decrease the print quality after long use. Whenever you realize that your printer has lowered the print quality or it has decreased the efficiency, you need to carry out the cleaning process of the print heads immediately. Cleaning the print heads of your printer can be done in two ways, first is manual and the second is using an automated tool. So, if you are also looking for a way to clean print heads then you need to refer to this post. Today we are discussing the way to wipe the print heads of your HP Printer on this page.
Things you need to clean print heads
In case you are cleaning the print heads manually then you need to collect a few pieces of stuff before beginning the cleaning process like:
- A disposable container
- Clean, lint-free cloth
- Filtered or distilled water
- Disposable glass
- Paper towels
If you have gathered all the required stuff then you can begin the cleaning process of print heads manually.
Way to clean print heads manually on HP Printer
Prepare the container to soak the print head by stacking the paper towels. To clean the print heads of your HP Printer manually, you need to approach the steps that are given below:
- Turn off your HP Printer
- Remove all the cables connected with it
- Now, remove all the ink cartridges from the print head
- While removing the cartridges make sure to wear disposable gloves
- After removing the cartridges properly, put them on a paper towel
- Avoid keeping the ink cartridges outside the print head for more than 30 minutes
- Now, lift the print head latch and then lift the print head directly up
- Then, using the lint-free cloth and hot water, clean the nozzle area without pressing it
- Now, you need to soak the print head for up to 10 minutes
- Re-insert the removed ink cartridges properly and plug in the removed cables
After approaching the above steps, you will be to clean the print heads of your HP Printer. Make sure to insert the ink cartridges properly to print heads. Also, ensure that you have connected all the cables properly that you were removed to carry out the cleaning process.
Method to clean the print heads using an automated tool
- On the control panel of your HP Printer, click on the ‘Set up’ option
- Now, navigate to the ‘Tools’ option and click on it
- Find the ‘Clean Print’ option and click on it
- Now, wait for a while and let your printer complete the cleaning process
- Then, take a print test to check the print quality of your HP Printer
Pro Tip: To keep your HP Printer free from errors and other printing issues install the HP assistant on your device by visiting the HP printer support page.
To sum up, cleaning the print heads of your HP Printer is an easy and quick process. You can increase the print quality of your printer by approaching this process. To clean print heads manually, you need a few cleaning pieces of stuff like a disposable container, clean and lint-free cloth, filtered or distilled water, disposable glass, paper towels. The simple and clear steps to clean the print heads of your HP Printer are given above on this page. Make sure to remove the print heads carefully and insert them properly. After cleaning the print heads manually, you should approach the steps to clean the print heads of your HP Printer using the automated tool that is already installed on it.