To add HP Printer to Mac, you need to follow certain steps in the order in which they are mentioned. If you do not follow the right procedure for it, you might have to face the consequences. Connecting HP Printer to Mac involves a two-way procedure. First, you have to prepare the printer for setup/installation and then do the actual set up. Remember, the setup process will also work for Apple devices such as MacBook Air and MacBook pro.
In this article, we will discuss this detailed procedure and also learn the wireless setup for connecting the HP Printer to a Mac device. During the procedure, if at any step, you feel that you are unable to carry forward the procedure, then you may contact the HP Support team. They will assist you in printer setup procedure throughout the process. So without further ado, let us begin the procedures to add your printer on mac.
Steps to connect HP Printer to Mac
Step 1- arrange the things for printer setup
- Turn on the printer and make sure it is ready to use.
- Get a USB cable around 3 meters in length.
- Check the availability of a USB port on your computer.
- Disconnect the USB cable which is connected to the printer. Reconnect it only when prompted.
Step 2-Install HP printer on mac
- First of all, open your web browser and go to the official website of HP.
- Now, enter the model number of your printer in the search bar and hit the “Search” button.
- A list will appear on the screen and you have to choose the name of your printer from here.
- Tap on the “Download” button available next to your printer’s model number.
- You can choose to “Run” or “Save” according to your web browser.
- Locate the downloaded file in the “downloads” folder and click twice on it.
- Furthermore, click on the “Yes” option when the program asks for your permission to make changes to your system.
- Now, click on the “I agree” button to accept the license agreement of HP.
- After this, click on the “install” option and continue with the final step.
- Enter the username and password when you are prompted for it followed by clicking on “Install software”.
If you find it difficult to install HP printer on your Mac device, then you may take the help of HP utility mac, a tool that helps Mac users to fix the problems with their HP Printer.
To connect the printer wirelessly to your Mac devices, you need to use a WPS-Wi-Fi Protected Setup. This helps the HP installer to find the printer during the installation. Let us begin the process which goes like this:
- Go to the control panel of your printer and then press the “Wireless” button longer than usual.
- When the wireless light starts to blink you need to release the button.
- Wait for two minutes and then press the WPS button of your router and then release it.
- Wait for the printer and router to establish a network connection.
- The wireless light will turn on when the connection is established successfully.
Hopefully, the procedures have worked right for you. If not, then connect to the HP Printer support team to find out solutions for the problems that occur with your HP Printer.