An Internet Protocol address is an essential component of the devices you use to accomplish everyday tasks such as computers, printers, scanners, etc. This address is important because it helps to build up a connection between one device and the other through the Internet server. Although there are various ways to find the IP address of a device, one of them is discussed in the next section. Using the onboard printer menu, you can easily locate the address, but it varies from printer to printer.
Basic steps to find the HP Printer IP address
The common steps to find the IP address which applies to most of the printers are as follows:
- Turn on your HP Printer and click on the “Menu” or “Setup” button.
- Using the buttons present on the onboard menu, navigate to the network setup options.
- Now hit the “Enter” key and then navigate through the available network options using the available arrows.
- Choose an option that looks like TCP/IP, IP address, Network Status, or Wi-Fi Status.
- This will show the IP address settings.
- Check the list and locate the IP address of your printer.
How to change the HP printer IP address?
If you are wondering how to change or update IP address for HP printer, then follow the steps given below:
- Click on the “Start” menu of your Windows 10 device and then navigate to the “Control Panel”.
- Further, go to “Network Connections” and right-click Local Area Connection.
- After this, click on the “Properties”.
- From here, select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and then click on the “Properties” option.
- Now, select the option that reads as“Use the following IP address”.
- Here, you may update the IP address to the desired one.
- You may be required to change the subnet mask also.
- Leave the other fields empty and click on the “OK” option.
- Open a Web browser and type the IP address of your printer.
- Press the Networking button and select TCP/IP from the menu available at the top.
- Now, select “Manual” from the IP Configuration Method drop-down.
- Again enter the IP address and subnet mask in the given fields.
- Finally, tap on the “Apply” button to complete the process.
When you are done with the process to reset the IP address of your printer, you can start the printing process once again.
What to do when HP printer IP address keeps changing?
If your wireless printer’s IP address keeps on changing, then you have to turn off the DHCP on the printer. After this, you can set a static IP address.
- Open your PC and click on the “Start” menu.
- From here, click on the “Settings” option and navigate to the “Printers” section.
- Locate your printer from the list of printers and right-click on it.
- Now, click on the “Properties” option from the drop-down menu.
- After this, tap “Ports” followed by the “Configure” option.
- Here, the “Printer Name or IP address” will display the old IP address.
- You can edit it to reflect the new one.
- In the end, click on the “OK” option and then close the “Properties” menu.
It is recommended that you change or update the IP address of your printer in the same format as it was earlier. For more help, consider talking to a support executive.
Read – https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Archive-Read-Only/How-to-find-your-printer-IP-Address/