It doesn’t matter you use Windows 10, Windows 8.1, or Windows 8, sometimes you face HP hard disk error which is very common to happen. In this error, you get an unexpected message on the screen that indicates your hard drive is having a failure. You face this error when you start your laptop or system. Through this article, we will discuss the procedure to fix the hp hard disk error. So, let’s get started!
What are the commonly occurring hp hard disk errors?
- 3f0 Hard disk error: It is a common boot error on the HP models. It generally comes under the category of hard disk boot errors that can be caused by a host of issues.
- 301 Hard disk error: It may be caused by the bad sections on the hard drive, these can be directory errors on the hard drive or the loss of clusters, and so on. You can try to run the chkdsk to deal with the error.
- 3F1 Hard disk error: It leaves your system in an unbootable state to make your data inaccessible. The error code implies that the hard disk has crashed or got corrupted or there can be faulty BIOS settings that are creating issues.
- Hp hard drive failure codes: These might occur in the course of normal operation or due to an external factor such as an exposure to water or fire that results in the suffering of a sharp impact or the environmental contamination that leads to the crash. There are a number of causes behind Hp hard drive failure codes to occur which include hardware failure, firmware corruption, heat, water damage, or power issues.
What are the possible causes of the hp hard disk error?
There can be many causes behind the HP hard disk error to occur and these are as below:
- SMART hard disk check failure.
- Virus and malware invasion.
- Physical damage to the hard drive.
- Unexpected shutdown.
- Damaged IDE/SATA controller chip in the motherboard.
- Outdated/misconfigured BIOS
What are the steps to fix hp hard disk error on your device?
First of all, you need to run the test in the BIOS menu.
- Remove the hard drive and reconnect it after a while.
- Now, start the Windows system and tap on the “F10” button.
- Choose an option to run a test on the Hard drive.
- Wait for the test to complete on hp.com/go/techcenter/startup.
After this, Run the chkdsk command when prompted.
- First of all, you need to go to the System recovery options.
- Now, run the “chkdsk /f /r” command.
- Select the “Command Prompt” to start the disk repair.
- Now, insert the Windows installation disc.
- Restart your system and tap on the “Start” button.
- Choose the “Language” settings and then tap on the “Next” button.
- You have to click on the “Repair” option.
- Choose the desired Operating system to tap on the “Next” option.
- Now, you have to go to the menu of the “System Recovery” options and select the “Command Prompt”.
- Just type the “Chkdsk /f /r X:( drive letter)” and tap on the “Enter” button.
- After this, the system will restart and it will prompt you to verify the disk and then tap on the press “Y”.
- In the end, you have to close all the applications and restart the system.
Just verify the drive for errors.
- Tap on the “Start” option and then click on the “Computer” option.
- Select the drive and right-tap on the option.
- Just select the “Properties” option.
- In the next step, you have to click on the “Tools” tab.
- Now, under the “Error-checking” option, you need to choose “Check Now.
- Just select the “Automatically fix file system errors” option.
- In the next step, you have to click on the “Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors” options.
- Now, tap on the “Start” option.
- In case these steps don’t work, you can get in touch with the customer support team for assistance via www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
It is important to acknowledge that the Hard drive is just like the soul of your computer. If it stops working, then the complete workflow will stop and the data will be at risk. Therefore, the early detection and the early resolving smart hard disk error using the steps and instructions provided in this article. However, if you still stuck up in between the steps then it is suggested to visit the hp support website to get assistance for the same.