Sometimes, the hard drive of your device might become the cause of problems in your HP Pavilion laptops. It may make the device run a little slower than usual. Hence, a user should remove or disassemble the hard drive and then reassemble it again. Doing this, might resolve the issue and your HP laptop may work as usual.
In this article, you will learn the basic method to replace the hard drive of HP pavilion 15 notebook, HP pavilion 15, and HP Pavilion x360. You may also perform this procedure on other models of HP laptop such as HP pavilion desktop, HP Pavilion dv6, HP Pavilion dv7, and HP Pavilion gaming laptop. To perform this procedure, you will need a head screwdriver along with an opening tool made of plastic. This will help you to pop open the keyboard.
How to disassemble HP pavilion 17?
Follow the steps given below in a systematic manner so that you can remove the hard drive without encountering any issue.
- Begin by closing your laptop and turning it over in such a manner that its bottom should face upwards.
- Slide the bar having a lock icon to the right. You may find it in the upper left-hand corner.
- This will unlock the battery and you can further slide the bar with the battery icon to the left. You may find this bar on the right of the laptop.
- Now, you have to grab the battery and remove it swiftly.
- Further, start removing the 6.5mm screws (20 in number) using the screwdriver.
- If any of these screws are covered with a silver sticker, then you may gently scrape off the stickers to take the screws out.
- Consecutively, you have to remove the black corner covers present on both the side of the battery.
- Here, you will see four additional screws that you have to remove one by one.
- Further, remove the CD-ROM by pressing the small button present over it.
- Afterward, you have to flip the laptop back with the screen facing up followed by opening the laptop.
- Now, with the help of the plastic opening tool, gently pop the keyboard open.
- This will allow you to access the hard drive easily which is usually present on the right of the RAM and above the Motherboard.
- Again using the plastic tool to separate the face plate from the backing and go to the final step.
- Finally, disconnect the cable by pulling out its base but not the ribbon.
Method to reassemble HP pavilion laptop
Once you disassemble the laptop by removing all of its components, you can reassemble it to check if your laptop has started working normally with a good speed or not. To reassemble it again, you have to follow the procedure in the reverse manner. You may also use HP Scan Doctor to get rid of some minor issues with HP devices.
For more help:
If you are not able to follow the procedure given in this article, then you may seek expert assistance from the team of HP Support.