While using your HP device for the fax purposes, you might come across some error codes sometimes. One such error that is commonly faced by the users during the fax process is hp fax error 388. However, a common user belonging to a non-technical background might not be able to understand the meaning of this error. Apart from this, he might not also get to know the factors responsible for the same. Thus, to know more about this error and the methods to fix it, you can continue to read this article.
What is HP fax error 388?
The said error is one of the HP fax error codes that might trouble a user while he is trying to fax a document. This error might come in your way when there is some disruption on the phone line, or the connection is poor, or your fax machine is busy. There could be several reasons which may result in this, but at the same time, if you delete the necessary applications from it, then also you will face the same issue.
Causes behind the HP fax error code 388
As already discussed above, the said error code usually arises because of the interruptions in the phone line. Some of the other factors responsible for it are listed below:
- In case there are some left out entries of files or programs that you uninstalled from your Windows device, then you will surely face some or the other error.
- Your device might have been attacked by a virus or malware.
- There might be some issues in the operating system of your device.
- A possible communication issue in your fax machine is a major cause behind the error 388.
- If there is an issue with the phone line that is used with the fax machine, then also you will face this issue.
Quick fixes to resolve the HP fax errors codes
If you are unable to send a fax from your fax machine, then you might try these solutions to get rid of these errors on an urgent basis. Due to this error, the document to be faxed might not go the full way in the machine. In case you have already checked the phone line and everything seems to be working just perfectly, then you might try the solutions given in this troubleshooting guide. If these solutions also fail to help, then you must contact HP support for immediate assistance.
Fix 1- run a fax test
To run a fax test, follow the instructions described in the next section:
- Go to the Control Panel of your printer.
- Then, click on the ‘Fax’ button.
- After that, you need to swipe up and select the ‘Setup’ option.
- Then, you need to select the ‘Tools’ menu.
- Followed by it, select the ‘Test Fax’ option.
- When you do that, your printer will further let you know the status of your machine.
- When the Fax Test report is printed, you further need to examine this document.
Fix 2- re-establish the connection
In case the above solutions failed to help you in fixing the HP Fax error 388, then you must try to re-establish the connection between your phone line as well as the fax machine. Enhance the telephone line and then try to fax once again.
Fix 3- check the connections of the printer or fax machine
In case you could not fax even after trying these solutions, then you may go for this one as the ultimate problem-solving technique. All you need to do is unplug all the cables and then plug the power cord back directly into the wall socket. Do not use an extension cord for providing the power to your fax machine.
Seeking HP Help is yet another thing you can opt for in case you wish to fix fax issues or get rid of any such error code. These HP Fax Error codes may include error code 200, 221, 222, 223, 225, 226, 232, 233, 234, 235 ECM, 236 ECM, 237, and so on.