Many hp printer users have reported facing the error that says “attention required on my hp printer”. But most of the time, this problem is not with the printer but with a Windows operating system.
What does “user intervention required printer Windows 10” mean?
“HP Printer attention required” or the above-given error message means that there are a few settings on your desktop and printer that needs to be changed. But, sometimes you are totally clueless about this issue that us not letting you print and you do not how to fix it. But, do not get worried as here we are going to discuss a few workarounds that might help you in this situation. If these workarounds do not help, then you might need to take HP printer support.
How do I fix the “printer status attention required” issue?
Method 1- run the in-built troubleshooter
If you are repeatedly getting these kinds of error messages, then running the in-built troubleshooting tool might fix the issue. Windows devices have several kinds of these tools and here we will learn how to use one of them:
- First of all, press the Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
- Now, from here, go to the Update & Security section.
- Scroll through the options to locate the ‘Troubleshoot’ option and select it.
- Now, select Printer from the list of troubleshooters.
- After this, click on the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Now, follow some on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Method 2- use an alternative web browser to print from a website
Whenever you try to print from an online platform or a website, you might be coming across this error. But using an alternative web browser has helped many users. Therefore, you can also try switching the browser and see if it helps.
Method 3- turn off the Protection Mode
- Open Internet Explorer and click on the Tools option.
- After this, select Internet options from the menu.
- Further, you need to select the Security tab from here.
- Uncheck the box of ‘Enable Protection Mode’.
- In the end, click Apply followed by OK to complete the process.
- Choose ‘Run as administrator’ after closing the window.
Some more ways to fix HP Printer attention required
If you have tried doing everything to get rid of this error and nothing us working right for you, then you may try a few more workarounds.
- Update the drivers- doing so has helped a lot of users in fixing this error. Updating the printer drivers is the basic thing you can do to protect your system from any errors or issues.
- Install Windows update- running an outdated version of the operating system can cause a lot of problems in your system as well as the peripherals attached to it. Therefore, update to the latest version of the operating system to get rid of such error messages.
If nothing has helped you to fix the issue, then talking to an HP Support executive might help you in this situation.