You connect your printer to the computer and give it a print command and then what you see is a message telling that your printer is an error state. At this time, you are unable to carry forward your printing task and you feel completely miserable. Most of the times, this issue occurs because of the problem in the printing process.
If you are also facing this issue, then have a look at the solutions mentioned below. These solutions will not only fix the hp printer in error state but also fix other solutions as well.
Verified solutions to get the printer out of an error
To fix hp printer is in an error state Windows 10, follow one of the solutions or all the solutions one-by-one to get the printer out of an error state. If none of the following helps, then you may use the HP Print and Scan Doctor to deal with the issue.
Solution 1- configure the port settings
- First of all, press the Windows logo key + R on your keyboard.
- In the resulting tab, type devmgmt.msc and hit the Enter key.
- This will open the Device Manager.
- Then, click ‘View’ on the top menu.
- After that, select ‘Show hidden devices’.
- In the resulting page, right-click on the Ports (COM & LPT) entry.
- From the menu, select ‘Proprieties’
- Next up, click on ‘Use any interrupt’ assigned to the port.
- Tick-mark the box for ‘Enable legacy Plug and Play detection’ and hit the OK button.
- In the end, reboot your PC and see if you are able to print or not.
Solution 2- get printer online
- From the Control Panel go to the ‘Devices and Printers’ section.
- Here, click on the ‘Printer’ option.
- If it displays an Offline status, then right-click on it.
- After that, select ‘Use Printer Online’.
- If you see the Ready message instead of Offline, the error is resolved.
Solution 3- Reinstall the printer driver
- First you need to open the Control panel and here select ‘View By’ ‘Large’ icons.
- After that, go to the ‘Devices and Printers’ section and right-click on your printer.
- In this step, choose the ‘Remove device’ and confirm your action.
- Restart your computer and it will automatically detect and install your printer.
- If the reinstall doesn’t take place, then unplug it and plug it back again.
Solution 4- change the Print Spooler service settings
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key + R.
- After that, type ‘services.msc’ in the Run box and hit the Enter key.
- Now, you have to find the Print Spooler service in the right pane.
- Then, ensure that it is set to ‘Start’
- Next up, you have to right-click on ‘Print Spooler’ and then select ‘Proprieties’.
- Now, set Startup type to Automatic in the General tab.
- After that, click Apply and then click OK
- In the end, close the ‘Services’ window and restart your PC.
Apart from this, you may also try updating your Windows Operating System or get help from the HP Printer Support team.
You would also like to know:
How do I get my printer out of error state?
To get your printer out of the error state, you may try a variant of solutions such as making necessary changes in the port settings, getting the printer offline to online, set the spooler service to automatic, or update Windows.
How do you fix an HP printer error?
To fix a hp printer error, first, try to know the cause behind it, then make sure it is set to ‘Use printer online’. Also, you may try to remove additional printer drivers or reinstall hp printer drivers.
How do I reset my HP printer error message?
First, you need to turn off the printer and remove all the cords attached to it. Then, wait for up to 30 seconds and join the cords again. After that, press the power button and turn it on again. Try printing and you won’t see the error.
Why is my HP printer showing error?
The reason why you are coming across such an error message is because of an internal problem in the printer or in its configuration. Make sure it connected properly and receiving proper internet connectivity.
Why am I getting an error message when printing?
There might be the presence of corrupt data in the spooling or printing tray which is causing the error message to occur while you are trying to print. Else, the connection between your computer and printer is unstable.