For some of you, installing an HP printer can be a tricky task to understand. However, if you understand the procedure in the right manner than it is not that complicated task to do. Here, in this article, you will get to know the different procedures to install an HP printer. In case you are not able to follow the elaborated steps discussed in the article, then you may seek assistance from HP Printer Support assistants who are available on the HP official website.
Remember, the steps to install HP printer are applicable to you if you are using HP envy 4500, HP 8710, HP 8600 and HP Officejet Pro 8710.
How to install an HP printer without CD?
The steps mentioned below will help you when you want to install the HP printer without a CD. You can only perform the steps to be discussed if your laptop has no disc drive.
- In the first step, you have to connect the HP printer to the computer using the USB cable.
- Go to the “Start” menu and then click on the “Settings” option.
- After this, click on the “Devices” and then click on the “Add a printer or scanner” option.
- The moment Windows detects your HP printer, click on the name of your HP printer.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions and then click on the “Finish” option to complete the process.
- Your HP printer driver for Windows 10 is ready to be accessed.
Note: – These steps are only applicable for Windows, 8.1, 8 users.
What are the steps to install the HP printer on Mac?
There are certain steps to be followed when you want to install the HP printer on Mac. These steps are as follows:-
- Firstly, switch off your HP printer and remove its cord from the socket.
- Now, detach the interface cable from HP Printer.
- In this step, you have to select the type of connection that you are using.
- After this, you have to click on the Mac menu and then go to the “System Preferences”.
- Once this step is completed, you need to click on the “Print & Fax/ Print & Scan” whatever option you want to choose.
- Followed by the step, you need to click on the “+” option and then click on the “Default” option.
- Now, choose the name of your printer from the list and then click on the “Add” option.
Effectual steps to install ink cartridge in an HP printer
If you are planning to install ink cartridges in the HP printer then you can follow the steps that are mentioned below:-
- Firstly, you need to turn on your HP Printer and then open the lid of the ink cartridge.
- Now, you have to take out the cartridge carefully out of the packing.
- Place the ink cartridges in the slots. Make sure that you place the same ink cartridge matching the same slot.
- Be gentle and push the cartridge inside until you hear a “Click” sound.
- Just repeat the same process for every cartridge to be inserted.
- At last, close the cartridge lid and print a PQCS to check the printing quality.
HP printer installation software free download is available now
In order to download HP printer drivers for windows 10, which are required for the HP Printer installation process, you need to follow the steps that are mentioned below:-
- Visit the official https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers of the HP Printer.
- Now, click on the “Downloads” option.
- After this, you have to click on the Printer model number and then click on the “Search” option.
- Now, you have to select the specific Operating System family along with the related version and click on the “Search” option.
- Once this step is completed, select the “HP Printer drivers” option from here.
- Go through the licensing agreement and then click on the “Agree” option once you are clear with the terms and conditions in the agreement.
- The Downloading process will begin.
- After this, click on the “Close” option once the downloading process is completed.
Note: – If you are facing issues in following the steps mentioned above then it is suggested to visit the HP printer support page.
What are the steps to fix the “HP Printer driver won’t install” error?
The steps to fix “HP Printer driver won’t install” error you need to follow the steps mentioned below:-
- You need to be sure that you are using the latest version of the HP Printer for your Operating system.
- Go to the “Downloads” section and Download the suitable HP driver.
- Make sure you execute the HP driver installer file first before you begin the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and then click on the “Yes” option.
- If you see the error message then the OS is not compatible with the download process.
- Now, check the list of the supported OS and then download the relatable file.
Note: You can follow the steps if you are unable to HP Control center software on your connected devices.
How to setup an HP printer wireless wizard?
The following steps to setup HP Printer wireless wizard are as follows:-
- Switch on the HP Printer.
- Go to the “Menu” option and then click on the “All settings” option.
- Now, click on the “Network option that is followed by the “WLAN” option.
- After this, you have to click on the “Setup Wizard” option.
- Now, you have to enable the wireless network when it is prompted on screen.
- Clicking on this, you will start the wireless setup wizard.
- You will now see the list of SSIDs, choose one of the depicted options and then click on the “Ok” option.
- Lastly, you have to select the “Yes” option that will apply the changes.
- Once your HP printer connects, the screen will display the “Connected” status.
Note:- If you are facing problems in setting up the Wireless wizard then download HP Print and Scan Doctor driver from the official website.
If you have any unresolved queries still persisting then it is recommended to visit https://123.hp.com/us/en/ that is the official website for HP Printer Support. For more updates on HP installation drivers, visit HP Printer’s official website.
Read – https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4015386/windows-10-install-printer