With the invention of networked printers, the lives of many business professionals became easy and HP has contributed a lot in this field. Using HP Printers, users can print from anywhere without the hassle of worrying about print servers. You also do not need to send the documents to the removable media so that you can easily take out a print. But over time, people have realized that these are nothing but a pain to users because now and then they display some error messages which annoy the users a lot.
Why does my HP printer keeps going offline Windows 10
There are several reasons why your HP Printer is displaying the offline status again and again and these reasons are mentioned below:
- Power or cabling related issues
- Network connectivity problems
- Faulty or outdated drivers
- Windows settings are inappropriate
- There are some hardware issue in the printer itself
To rectify the first cause, you need to check that your printer is connected with the cables properly or not. You may try to restart the printer. To resolve the network connectivity issues, you can try to disable enable the connectivity settings. If this doesn’t help, then you may use the following workaround to fix the issue or contact the HP Support team.
Workaround to fix “HP Printer offline” error
When HP Printer keeps going offline even after trying some basic workarounds, then you must change the driver settings because sometimes the drivers do not recognize the printers. If the driver is not customized properly then the printer might not work as expected. For rectifying this, you should check the driver settings and if it doesn’t help, you may download a fresh one as appropriate. To do this:
- Open your Windows 10 device and click on the “Start” button that is available on the right.
- From the menu, navigate to the “Device Manager” tab.
- After this, open the “Drivers and Printers” tab and select your printer from the drop-down list.
- After selecting the appropriate printer, right-click on it.
- From here, tap on the option that says “Update Driver software”.
- After marking your choice, choose from the options i.e. automatic or manual. This will be based on the availability of the driver in the system.
- Now, allow the driver to install it by permitting it.
You can now try to print a test page and see if your HP printer is still displaying the offline status.
How do I stop my HP printer from going offline?
To stop your HP printer from going offline, again and again, you can simply go to the “Start” menu and click on it. After this, tap on the “Devices and Printers” icon and select the name or model number of your printer. This should be followed by double-clicking on it and then click on the “Printer” menu. When you see the option that reads as “Use Printer Offline”, you have to uncheck the box available next to it.
For more help regarding this issue, you can take the help of trained professionals of HP Printer Support. They will definitely help you in finding out a solution to your problem by using their reliable and apt techniques.
Read related solution – https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Printer-constantly-going-Offline/