HP Printers might show offline status due to several factors like power or cabling problems, WiFi connection issues, outdated or corrupted drivers, inappropriate settings on your computer, or there may be some hardware problem with the printer itself. Whenever you face such a problem with your printer, your first approach should be checking the cable’s ends and power status on it. You should also confirm that your router is turned on and it is in working condition. If these small hacks do not solve the HP Printer offline issue on your printer then you need to configure the settings on your computer or try to check the driver’s status whether they are outdated or not. If the drivers are outdated then you need to install the latest version of them by visiting the HP Support page. Today we are discussing how to get HP Printer online on this page.
Why does My HP Printer Keeps Going Offline Windows 10?
There could be several factors responsible for the HP Printer keeps going offline Windows 10 issue. Your HP Printer may show offline status on it if:
- There is an issue with power or cable ends
- Your printer is not connected to the WiFi network
- The driver that is installed on your Windows or Mac is of the older version
- Printers and Scanners settings are improper
- There is any type of hardware issue with your HP Printer
To fix the above factors let’s find out solutions taking into consideration to the above factors. Do the following:
- Confirm that printer is connected to AC power source and cables are connected properly
- Check the working status of your router whether the green lights are blinking on it or not
- Visit the HP Support page to download and install the latest versions of printer drivers on your Windows or Mac
- Using your computer, visit the ‘Devices’ section and uncheck the ‘Use Printer Offline’ box
- To fix the hardware issue on your printer you need to approach a printer repair service provider
After going through the above steps, if the HP Printer offline issue persists on your printer then you need to contact the HP Support team to get a proper solution to fix the issue.
Workaround to fix “HP Printer offline” error
Trying some basic workarounds can help you fix the HP Printer offline issue. You can approach the driver settings to configure them as this action may help you to fix the printer offline error quickly. If you find the driver settings are proper then you need to update the driver by approaching the steps that we have introduced below.
- On your Windows 10 device, locate the ‘Start’ button
- Now, find the ‘Devices and Printers’ section and click on it
- Choose your printer from the available printers list
- After finding your printer, right-click on it
- Look for the ‘Update Driver Software’ option and tap on it
- Now, allow your device to install the latest version of the driver on your device
- After updating the driver, take a print test
- Finally, you have updated the printer drivers on the computer
How do I stop my HP printer from going offline?
Your HP Printer may go offline frequently if the ‘Use Printer Offline’ box is checked. To fix this issue you need to approach the steps that are given below.
- On your device, locate the ‘Printers and Devices’ section
- Now, find your HP Printer from the available printers list
- Then, look for the ‘Use Printer Offline’ box,
- If it is checked then uncheck it
Way to fix HP Printer Offline issue Mac
The steps for HP Printer offline fix Mac are given below. You need to uncheck the use printer offline box to get the online status on your HP Printer by visiting the printers and scanners section on your Mac
- Locate the ‘Apple’ icon on your Mac
- Then, look for the ‘System Preferences’ option and tap on it
- Now, you need to select the ‘Printers and Scanners’ option
- Find the name of your printer and tap on it
- Now, you need to find and uncheck the ‘Use Printer Offline’ box
- Save the settings by clicking on the ‘Save’ button
Note: After going through the above steps, you will be able to fix the HP Printer Offline issue on your Mac. If the above solution does not work then approach the way to troubleshoot printer offline issue on your Mac.
Steps for HP Printer Offline Troubleshooting Mac
To troubleshoot the HP Printer Offline status on your Mac you need to reset the printing system by following the steps that are given below.
- On your Mac, locate the ‘Apple’ icon
- Now, select the ‘System Preferences’ option
- Then, find and tap on the ‘Printer and Scanners’ option on your Mac
- Now, find the ‘Reset Printing System’ option and tap on it
- Then, confirm resetting action by tapping on the ‘Reset’ button
- Finally, you have completed the steps for HP Printer offline troubleshooting Mac
Note: In case your HP Printer is connected to WiFi but offline then you need to reset your HP Printer using the power button available on it. The above-mentioned solutions to fix the HP Printer offline issue are also applicable for the other HP Printer models such as HP OfficeJet Pro, HP PhotoSmart, HP Envy Printer, and HP LaserJet. To establish the connection between your HP Printer and computer (Mac or Windows) you need to find the WPS PIN on HP Printers.
Tip: HP Printer Offline issue is common on printers but it is not permanent. The above-mentioned tactics will help you to fix the issue easily and quickly. However, if your HP Printer is still showing offline status on it then you need to find out a solution by contacting trained professionals of HP Printer Support.
To sum up, get the online status on your HP Printer and start your printing work. You can fix the HP Printer Offline problem by implementing some tactics. The ways mentioned above in this post will help you to get your printer online easily and quickly. In case the above solutions don’t help you then you can visit the HP Printer Support page to get help from experts to fix the offline issue on your printer. You may also refer to HP Assistant for better assistance related to the printer offline issue. Hopefully, you have got your HP Printer online by referring to this post.
Why Is My HP Printer Showing Offline Status?
Your HP Printer may show offline status due to factors like:
- Loose cable ends
- Not connected to a power source
- WiFi is not connected to your printer
- Printer Drivers are outdated
- Improper settings on your Mac or Windows
- The printer is not added to your computer yet
How do I switch my HP Printer from offline to online?
To switch your HP Printer from offline to online follow the tips mentioned below:
- Check that printer is connected to an AC power source
- Check the cable ends and try to adjust them
- Configure the printer settings on your computer
- Confirm that the WiFi router is working and the green lights are blinking
- Update your printer’s driver by visiting the HP Support page
Read related solution – https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/Printer-constantly-going-Offline/