Sometimes, when you click on the ‘Print’ option to print a certain document and then wait for the printout. And what you see is nothing has happened. This means your printing job has failed and you do not know the reason behind it. When you briefly inspect the printer you come to the conclusion that this is not the case while printing one document, but is happening with all the print jobs.
There could be a wide range of reasons why this is happening with you and simultaneously there are several fixes for it as well. So, if you are getting this problem on your Mac or Windows device, then you may sue the troubleshooting steps given below to get rid of the issue in no time. The steps given in the troubleshooting procedure are not restricted only to HP Envy printer, HP Laserjet printer, HP Deskjet printer, and can be used on other printers as well.
Instructions to unpause printer on Mac
One of the most common situations, why this is happening with you, is because you have previously paused the printing job on your Mac device. When you hit the print option, you end up seeing an error. To unpause the printer on mac, click on the ‘resume’ button to get started again. You may also use HP Scan Doctor to diagnose the issue. If that doesn’t help, follow the steps given below:
- To check the print queue, go to the Dock of your Mac.
- Here, check the Print Queue icon.
- This is displayed with a badge indicating trouble.
- Click on this icon to open the Queue window.
- If you do not see anything in the Dock, select Apple menu.
- Now, choose ‘System Preferences’.
- After this, click ‘Print & Scan’.
- Now, choose your printer from the list.
- Next, select ‘Open Print Queue’.
- To unpause the printer, click on the ‘Resume’ button.
Steps to unpause printer on windows 10
The print queue of your printer can automatically stop or pause if the print attempt fails. This usually happens because of the paper jamming issue. Another reason for this could be because you have hit the pause button yourself when you realize that you’re printing the wrong document. Or, you realize you’re going to run out of paper required to accomplish the printing task. Then you forget to resume the printing task and this troubles you the next time you print. To unpause the printer on Windows 10, follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you need to check the status of your printer.
- Now, open the Devices and Printers window.
- Next up, you need to hover the mouse over the icon of your printer.
- You will see the pop-up window on your screen displaying its status.
- If it is paused, then check the status of the printer.
- For this, go to the Devices and Printers window.
- Next up, right-click or tap and hold on your printer name.
- After this, select ‘See what’s printing’.
- In this step, click or tap the Printer tab.
- Further, you need to untick ‘Use Printer Offline’ from the menu.
This will resume the printing task. Else, get in touch with the team of HP Support.
Frequently Asked Questions
What causes a printer to pause?
You might have hit the ‘Pause’ button by mistake or there is a paper jamming issue that is causing the printer to pause. To unpause the printer, click on the ‘Resume’ button.
Why does my HP printer keep pausing?
This happens because of the inability to connect using the selected protocol. Also, this happens when you are unable to find the specified port for the printing purpose.
How do I get my printer off pause?
Locate the entry of your printer, right-click on it, select “See what’s printing”, and click “Printer”. Uncheck “Pause Printing” from the list of options will turn off the pause.